Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"Can't get out of this mood"

Good afternoon folks!

How was your Valentine's Day? Mine was decent. I hadn't spoken to my significant other since Saturday so I had no idea what to expect of the day. I woke up with good spirits though. I had no reason to be bitter or fret; it really is just another day. Around 4pm my coworker called and asked if I could come in her office. I walked in and she had a dozen roses displayed on her desk, she stated they were for me. (she was pissed) lol. I had no idea who they were from. Jean, (my boyfriend/lover/whatever we call ourselves at the moment) is by far the least romantic person in life. But they were from him & had a note to meet him at harry & izzy’s at 7pm. In my head I’m like shit well I need to get him a card at least now (which I forgot to give him) opps. So I went, early, per usual. And a song came across their speakers. I was unaware of what it was so I quickly grabbed my phone and typed in the lyrics. It was Nina Simone singing Frank Sinatra’s, ‘Can’t Get Out of This Mood’. (actually I’m not sure who originally sung the song) but it just seemed fitting in my moment of waiting.


All day long before my eyes come little visions of you,
They shouldn't, they mustn't, but they do.
Can't get out of this mood,
Can't get over this feeling,
Can't get out of this mood,

Last night your lips were appealing,
The thrill should have been all gone by today, in the usual way,
But it's only your arms that I'm out of.
Can't get out of this dream
What a fool to dream of you,
Twasn't part of my scheme to sigh and tell you that I love you,
But now I'm saying it, I'm playing it dumb,
Can't get out of this mood,
Heartbreak here I come.

I can't get over this feeling,
Last night your lips were appealing,
The thrill should have been all gone by today, in the usual way,
But it's only your arms that I'm out of.
What a fool to dream of you,
To sigh and tell you that I love you,
But now I'm playing it, now I'm playing it dumb,
I can't get out of this mood,
Heartbreak, heartbreak here I come

As of late I have been listening to a lot of Sinatra. He just seems to say all of the right things esp. what I’m feeling at the moment. So my evening was well spent with good conversation, food was great. After we departed, of course I receive a few texts that ruined everything from earlier. But that is pretty much the sum of our relationship. Inconsistent contentment.
But enough of that, a little too personal I know. Now on to some fun stuff.

This is how I would have like to spent my Valentine's Day! lol. Nothing a good cuddle session can't solve.



10 Things you probably didn't know about sex & love.

Happy Valentine's Day from Jasmine Mans - February 14th. (love this)
Will you understand that I'm emotional and I cry. Will you promise you won't skip rocks on my puddles of tears... And if I ever fall asleep on your chest and you feel as if I belong there. Can you whisper in my ear, "Happy Valentine's Day". Though I believe that I'm your misses right. Though I can be very wrong."  

Love, love, love Ryan Gosling & Bulldogs! 
 My TIP of the day - always wonder where all those scrunchies & bobby end up? This will help!

GREAT! I do both.

I am signing up for some summer class at
IUPUI! I'm super excited to be furthering my edu-ma-cation!









I almost forgot to add... I have on my new fav Rachel Roy sweater as well as high-waist slacks from Niche Boutique. Not really a pink wearing person but thought it was fitting to splash some pink on my nails for the holiday. (oh yea today is def a good messy bun day!) Def. ready to hit up Kilroy's with coworkers after this busy week I've had.


Hope you all have a great evening! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment