Friday, November 9, 2012

Happy Friday!


Okay! So today I get to work and my coworker tells me her nephew is going to propose to his girlfriend. She then asks if she could use my laptop that I brought to work today to make a CD because she was going to meet him and surprise her with a song outside on Monument Circle. I said sure why not... Well while trying to download the song I came across this article/video. Of course it brought me to tears. And now I want my proposal (whenever I get a boyfriend) to be nothing less than this spectacular! 




This story by David Stabler of OregonLive.com explains how it all unfolded:
PORTLAND ACTOR FLOORS HIS FIANCEE
You can’t watch it without laughing, cheering, maybe even tearing up.
On Wednesday, Isaac Lamb, a Portland actor, proposed to his girlfriend, Amy Frankel. But he didn’t just ask her. He put her in the open back of a Honda CRV and gave her some headphones. She thought she was going to hear a song.
She got one, all right. The video went viral after he posted it Friday and had tens of thousands of hits by Friday afternoon. By Saturday morning, his video had close to half a million hits.
“It’s crazy,” Lamb, 31, said. “I thought friends and family would like it, and I figured that’s where it would end. I can’t believe it.”
Lamb likes to put on “big flashmobby type things,” he said. “When I decided to ask Amy to marry me, I wanted something she wouldn’t forget.”
This is what happens when you date an actor.
“I was completely floored,” Frankel, 33, said. “We had talked about wanting to get married, but I never would have expected that in a million years.”
Lamb surprised Frankel with a growing street party of singing, dancing, arm-waving friends and family. “I knew there was very little chance to do this without her knowing what was going on,” he said. “My goal was just to get her to the house.” His brother took over, asking her to sit in the car and listen to a song.
As Frankel dutifully sat there, the car began to move. Two of their friends appeared and she thought, “How sweet, they’re going to do a show for me.” The car drove slowly up the street and more people appeared, including Lamb’s parents. When she heard the words of the song, “Marry You,” a candy-sweet tune by Grammy winner Bruno Mars, she knew what was up.
By the end of the show, 60 people were dancing in the street. They parted and there was Lamb, handsomely suited, who got down on bended knee.
Throughout the six-minute video, a camera shows Frankel’s reaction, laughing, hugging herself, all but falling out of the car.
Did he have any doubts she’d say yes?
“Not a one. This whole production was a good insurance policy.”
They met six years ago at an audition for “West Side Story” at Portland Center Stage, soon after Frankel moved to Portland from New York City. She got the part, he didn’t. Lamb studied film production at Loyola Marymount University and for several years, starred in “Defending the Caveman,” a one-man show about the differences between men and women. Frankel is a former Broadway dancer and has choreographed several shows in Portland, including Portland Opera’s recent “Candide.” They’re both company members at Portland’s Third Rail Repertory Theatre.
They plan to marry in a year.
“One of reasons I love him, he’s such a fun-loving guy,” she said. “He has such a big heart. He loves celebrating life and the friendships that we have. Our lives are going to be like this.”
But, she worried, “How am I going to top that?”

No comments:

Post a Comment