Thursday, November 8, 2012

Foward.

Tuesday night I went to sleep early due to this ongoing headache I’ve been having. Govenor Romney was ahead at the time. When I woke up Wednesday morning I was pleased to hear that President Barack Obama was re-elected to be the 44th President of the United States. Now I know we are not all going to agree on political views. And I believe diversity is good! I am very thankful that we do live in a country that permits us the liberty to choose things we believe in and are passionate about. My hopes are that everyone exercised their right to vote and educated themselves on both candidates and their policies and based their decision on that. Not if they are Republican or Democrat, male or female, black or white. That is what grinds my gears when people choose based on something totally unrelated to the facts at hand.  
I was reading my aunt’s facebook post to find my 31 year old cousin, Logan voted for the first time! Here is a small piece of the article:
 ANDERSON, Ind. — Bret Callender said it felt good to vote for the first time.


The 31-year-old Anderson man said he was influenced to vote because so many voters across the country are having their rights challenged.

“That undermines the entire idea of democracy,” said Callender, who cast his ballot Tuesday in Anderson.

He said the presidential race seemed like the most important one because the race is heavily rooted in ideas.

“I have an idea of how the country should be run,” Callender said. “I want to have a say in who does that.”
 To read the rest click here.
He also stated on facebook, “maybe it is just gloating, but it seems like I saw Mitt for the 1st time tonight, my pity goes out to him and anyone who really thought he would be good for this nation, and my thanks goes out to anyone who voted. PS I made the newspaper just for voting.”
 “America’s never been about what can be done for us. It’s about what can be done by us together through the hard and frustrating, but necessary work of self-government.” - Barack Obama
Listen/Read the rest of the President's acceptance speech here.
My hopes are to move ‘Forward’ these next four years. God Bless.
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment