Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Que sera, sera

Each time I'm going to start writing a blog post I sit here for a second trying to think of a title that is fitting to what I'm going to write about. Today I neither know what I will write or a three to five words to sum up the post. I have a few articles already selected that I would like to share but not sure which part of me I should give you today. Needless to say I am feeling some kind of way. I don't really know how to define this. I will just say not content with my current state and I will leave it at that.

I've been feeling pretty crappy the past few days. I think some kind of sinus thing going on. This is probably due to the multiple nights spent being zonked out by Nyquil (my cure for everything). Today is the first day I have felt half way decent and of course I'm spending it at work.
I think I am one of those people that gives too much and expects a lot in return. Or I just care too much. I've found myself recently caring about the wrong things and not focused on what is important. I'm sure you can sense my vagueness which is on purpose. Like I said, I give too much at times.

& now I'm pissed. I had finished the entire post and of course it did not save correctly : /

Ok. I guess I will start from where I left off. Today is Fat Tuesday, are you celebrating? What are YOU giving up for Lent? I have thought about this for awhile now. As of now this is what I am giving up, still unsure though. I have until midnight to decide:
- twitter/facebook
- alcohol
- beef/pork
- my fav pasta place (I go wayy too much!)
- french fries (anything potato like chips & such)

I talked with a friend today about Lent and asked what they were giving up. Here is their response,
"...my belief is that the purpose of giving something up for Lent is to give it up and essentially give it up for more than just that phase of time. I'm just trying my best to get closer to God in a whole. i've given a few things up recently as well as reduced others. It sometimes seems like people just give things up just to say they did, that's not the purpose, it's to put away Idols and focus more time on God. I think that gets lost a lot."
- I agree.

Check out Caitlin Sullivan's blog! She is a friend of mine from grade school. I remember spending an entire summer with her at the pool all day & movies in the evening this was our routine for an entire summer going into the 7th/8th grade. Now look, she is a wonderful local photographer. I can't wait to have an event or a special occasion to have her come and capture the moment. Check out these few tips she has given about blogging.

Caitlin has also recommended we follow these lovely ladies.

Check out Tiara Thomas new song Bad/Some Cut

Are you addicted to lip balm/gloss? I know I am! I can't go anywhere with out my Blistex DTC! I go to the bathroom, kitchen, and it sits on my night stand. I pretty much have a panic attack whenever I lose it. Dr. Oz says this is a problem! To keep them lips soft click here.  

Check out this WSJ article on why we pair up with emotional opposites in relationships.
I know many of you did not attend Purdue University nor know the impact Dr. Bell made on it's campus. Dr. Bell has made a huge impact on the African American community still today at Purdue. A recent situation has risen that was taken lightly by campus officials. I'm glad a few of my peers have taken the time to not let it be thrown under the bus and brought to light. Read more about Dr. Bell and the recent events here.

I think this is all I blogged about. I really can't remember : / #hmph I thought of a title. It means "whatever will be, will be."

I will leave you with some Carrie Bradshaw knowledge:
Sometimes we need to stop analyzing the past, stop planning the future, stop figuring out precisely how we feel, stop deciding exactly what we want and just see what happens.
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment