Monday, June 11, 2012

Music Monday: I am the Lizard King

Good Monday Morning!!

How is everyone doing today? It is a dreary day here in Indianapolis today. I did not want to get out of bed today. I spent all weekend indulging in many forms of debauchery in Chicago for a friends birthday, more details to come.

As I have explained to you all before I am participating in #PhotoADayJune. Today's challenge is, "#Door". And when I woke up this morning I thought how boring a "Door" is. So as I thought more about it I thought instead of just doing a Door I would tell a little about myself that very few people know about me.

I am OBSESSED with Jim Morrison & The Doors! Not only is Jim aesthetically pleasing to look at and a genius. By the age of 15 Jim had an IQ of 149! I find him one of the most intriguing people I have ever researched. I would have loved to meet him and have him open my mind with his wisdom.

Granted I do mostly listen to hip-hop, rap & R&B my mother has given me insight on different genre's of music as well. I would like to say that I am very diversified when it come to music and open to giving anything a chance. A few months back I read a tumblr post from, Made in Charlie describing his interest in Jim Morrison. and this simply sums up everything I feel about this man, God rest his soul.

A former UCLA Bruin student with a eccentric theatrically imagination with a passionate love for music and poems only made him and his band The Doors legendary. From my personal perspective I still don’t understand Jim Morrison as much I thought I did. The enigma attitude of his probably took my attention obliviously once I started listening to The Doors when I was 12yrs old. Musically keeping me intrigued staying tuned was a psychedelic roller-coaster like listening to ”Not Touch The Earth” live or ”The End”. Then It hit me, his ego was his own muse.

Morrison was mentally and spiritually explorer, learning about life without limits, and thinking outside of what we ”suppose to know” to only accept that than finding out more as much we can without feeling a resentment going against religion nor disrespecting any. Not only his music with the band The Doors made me a fan, but him as a being became one of my very few idols some of us still have.

Here is a clip from one of my favorite movies, 'Almost Famous' playing Indian Summers. This is perfect!!

Below is one of my favorite quotes not only from one of my favorite people but in general.

" People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; this feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that's bullshit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they're afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try and hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain."
Research the guy a little. You will be impressed. I hope you all have a great week.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment