Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Voice

Today is National No Socks Day! I am taking full advantage of this! :)
I have really been slacking lately on posting. I have just been so busy at work and trying to just enjoy life the past few weeks. A lot has been going on that could easily hold me down and I’m just trying not to let it. Therefore, I don’t want to just harbor all those feelings and emotions into my blog. I want to keep this fun, informative, and positive.

Speaking of Informative make sure you go VOTE today! So important. You cannot complain about politicians or the economy if you do nothing about it. Please let your voice be heard. That is all.
This past weekend I spent Saturday, Cinco De Mayo, in Chicago with some of my besties from college #boilerup. Seriously majority of my friends from college live in Chicago! Bla. I have NEVER had an urge to live in that city but being there with them and seeing them made me miss them so much. We all always have such an amazing time together. Miss them. (XO) we went to a BYOB Hookah bar, Arabia, which of course led us to all buying rounds of shots at, The Frontier. Never a dull moment with these ladies.
Sadly, today is the last episode of ‘The Voice’ who do you think will be the winner? Every episode until yesterday’s I wanted Juliet Simms to win. I love her style, her voice, and just her period. But yesterday Tony Lucca won over my heart. Bla! I just don’t know. I can’t wait to watch it this evening.
-          Juliet Simms – “Freebird”
-          Tony Lucca – “99 Problems” (Christina had soo much to say about this. Womp! He did amazing. I’m glad Adam put her in her place)
-          Chris Mann – “You Raise Me Up” although, I don’t believe well hope he doesn’t win he still sounds amazing!

Link Lovin’ time!
Did you see any pics from the Met Gala? Everyone looked amazing. Esp Beyonce! She continually and frequently sh!ts on everyone lives! Here is Elements of Style review of the red carpet.
A pretty interesting article on ‘Why Black Women are Fat’ 
The Huffington Post posted an article on 30 things women should know… by the time they are 30. Def. worth a read. 
Are you a ‘Boomerang kid’? Nothing wrong with that, I am! What are your thoughts on this article/topic?
To piggyback off the topic above, have you ever lived alone? Pros/cons? This will be my next move. I can’t really stand having “roommates”
Women in music: Top beauty icons.
This should keep you busy for awhile!
PS. Do you know any good stir fry or French toast recipes? Lol. Random I know but I want to make both.
Have a great rest of the week!
XO
- Sophie Kinsella
If I’ve learned one lesson from all that’s happened to me, it’s that there is no such thing as the biggest mistake of your existence. There’s no such things as ruining your life. Life’s a pretty resilient thing, it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment